quattroworld.com Forums: Somewhere I can actually help!

quattroworld

4000 + Coupe GT
All messages | Search Forums | Return to 4000 + Coupe GT
Somewhere I can actually help!
Posted by: danthemanohhyea (7227) on 2017-06-26 06:56:12
In Reply to: 4KQ suspension Q's posted by 4x5x5 on 2017-06-26 06:32:23

Share | Report
I am trying to figure out when to do this same work on my 4kq. I've got all the parts sitting in the garage waiting for a good day off to actually get it done!

Strut mounts:
Try to go with OEM mounts from VW/Audi.

I've heard that front and rear are supposedly different, but they all seem the same to me!

I've had hit or miss luck with aftermarket mounts (including 034motorsport mounts).

I just bought 4 "blue" OEM Audi mounts a month ago, they seem pretty nice, and are shorter than "stock". I have not yet installed them though. I believe these are the UrQ version. Part number is: 857-412-323-B
I found ordering through PelicanParts to be the best price ($19.50 each, plus shipping, they had to order them from VW/Audi) but your results may vary.

Bump stops/Bellows:
If your strut cartridge rods are the same diameter as stock, you could get by with OEM bump mounts and bellows. I did this with OEM replacement struts and it worked out well. No idea about Konis, but I know Bilsteins are much wider, but they have internal bump stops and come with bellows.

Other:
Lastly, make sure you tighten those slotted nuts correctly! My last go around with 4kq suspension did not include this, and eventually I got some premature wear of my strut mounts because of it. The correct tool makes the work easier, but you can also modify the right diameter socket to work. I used a vice grips and hammer/screwdriver combo to tighten them last time, not best practice!
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to 4000 + Coupe GT