quattroworld.com Forums: the list of things i had to repair on that car before it even hit 60K was extensive

quattroworld

4000 + Coupe GT
All messages | Search Forums | Return to 4000 + Coupe GT
the list of things i had to repair on that car before it even hit 60K was extensive
Posted by: onlyaudis (15289) on 2017-07-27 05:09:11
In Reply to: Maybe it was the least reliable audi you ever owned? As a B6 owner I strongly disagree posted by AudiTTrippin on 2017-07-25 17:07:31

Share | Report
B6 A4's made Consumer reports "used cars to avoid" nearly every year, and after owning one, I understood why. besides all 4 power windows going out, the oil cooler leaked into the coolant, had boost leaks in multiple places, the crankcase pressure hoses and fitting dissolved, water pump and that water fitting in the back of the head went out, crank sensor failed, coil packs went out, suspension bushings failed, brake light switch twice, door close sensors & alarm, peeling interior stuff, shift solenoid . PO had already replaced the steering rack under warranty. no excuse for a 21st century expensive car to fall apart with that many miles on it. My shop kept a lot of this stuff in stock it was so common to fail on these cars. If yours was better than that, you got lucky. My car was not abused and was well serviced and taken care of with all factory intervals followed.

My shop had warned me the B6's were not reliable, but I liked the looks of it. was able to finally sort it out after thousands of dollars of repairs. You get a Lexus IS from that era, (similar price new) and the only thing that went on them in the first 100K was maybe the radio. I have a high tolerance for pain, but that car nearly turned me off of owning Audis.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to 4000 + Coupe GT