quattroworld.com Forums: Care to explain why? I never said the 20v 90q was a bad car.

quattroworld

80/90 Coupe + Cabriolet
All messages | Search Forums | Return to 80/90 Coupe + Cabriolet
Care to explain why? I never said the 20v 90q was a bad car.
Posted by: GreenMachine (4929) on 2017-08-08 15:59:30
In Reply to: Couldn't disagree more. posted by EddieWillers on 2017-08-08 15:03:15

Share | Report
Just that there's plenty of better cars that suite his needs.

Having owned a '90 20v 90q I can say it was a fun car. I've also owned almost a dozen C4 cars over the years. The C4 is a much better highway car.

- The B3 seats are not nearly as comfortable. They're much harder on your lower back.

- The B3 is geared too low for the highway. You'll be up past 4k rpms to drive "fast".

- Tiny 14" tires on a car don't make for good highway cruising. Put 15" or 16" wheels on there and your sidewall gets decreased. Team that will an old suspension design and your ride goes to crap.

- There isn't as much sound deadoning material in the B3 and the bag of snakes exhaust makes a loud drone at high rpms (highway speeds). I love the bag of snakes manifold but it becomes annoying on long cruises.

- The gas mileage isn't that much improved over a C4 at all. It can maybe get 28mpg where the C4 gets around 24/25mpg. A properly running CIS NG engined B3 will get 30mpg. Not the 7A 20v though.

- The build quality of a C4 is much higher than the B3. The climate control system of the B3 is a vacuum controlled GM unit.

The C4 Urs4/Urs6 blows a B3 90 out of the water as far as a highway cruiser. The D2 A8/S8 further blows the C4 out of the water as far as suspension and cruisability (That V8 purs on the highway).

The 90 was never designed as a highway cruiser. It is a more compact size that makes it more suited to city driving. I enjoyed mine for what it was, not for what it wasn't.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to 80/90 Coupe + Cabriolet