quattroworld.com Forums: Correct but if you get the updated they are now equal

quattroworld

80/90 Coupe + Cabriolet
All messages | Search Forums | Return to 80/90 Coupe + Cabriolet
Correct but if you get the updated they are now equal
Posted by: egp320i (5559) on 2017-09-08 13:00:28
In Reply to: Look at your other thread on this. I posted a pic of the two routes side by side posted by grillage on 2017-09-08 11:39:13

Share | Report
The roller was a dumb idea on the AAH but once it's removed the route compared to the AFC should be identical.

The only difference would be if you did not have AC and far as I know it was standard on all 90's.

What I am trying to narrow down is why does the updated Q for the AAH require 1905 and the AB for the AFC require 1865 if the route is the same?

As noted the Dayco version states it spans both engines thus it appears to only be a belt length issue, then again if they have the same route why does it matter?

The tensioner might be more "tight" with 1865, long as it's not so tight it stresses the belt.

40mm is roughly 1.57 inches, that is a fair amount of length reduction but if the spring can compensate then there should not be any slippage.

It would be so much easier to just slap a Litens/INA tensioner with the 1865 for way less money and call it good.

If only Audi had the cover plate like the AFC, two screws on top and then pull up this would not be so damn difficult.

The screws in the front, I am tired of needing to take out my fan assembly/remove belly pan.

If anything it should be the opposite of my 90-A6 since the A6 has much more elbow room on front to actually get to front mounted screws unlike the 90 with the right side fan motor about one inch away.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to 80/90 Coupe + Cabriolet