quattroworld.com Forums: if the black plastic mount that's attached to the the trunk has come loose, you might need a new

quattroworld

C7 A6/S6 (2012 - Present)
All messages | Search Forums | Return to C7 A6/S6 (2012 - Present)
if the black plastic mount that's attached to the the trunk has come loose, you might need a new
Posted by: schnellmb_heart attack (1651) on 2017-07-21 23:01:04
In Reply to: argh crap. so any suggestions? posted by Avantadrive on 2017-07-21 10:34:43

Share | Report
one and replace it.

if it's just the metal inserts that are cross threaded carefully cut them out and remove them. like i said replacement universal plastic inserts for the bracket work great. it can be a bit tricky to remove the metal inserts because they are installed from the back-side of the plate bracket. Since there's no way of removing the plate bracket without destroying the adhesive, it seems the only way to remove the metal inserts is to cut them out very carefully.

the universal plastic inserts work perfectly once you get the old metal ones out.

if it's too big of a pain, you might need a new one. i should have had the dealer replace the mounting bracket, but i think they would have screwed it up--just like they cross-threaded the plate on to begin with.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to C7 A6/S6 (2012 - Present)