quattroworld.com Forums: B6 Audi's are still alright cars, but suffer from a bit of planned obsolescence designed-in

quattroworld

B6 A4 (2002 - 2005)
All messages | Search Forums | Return to B6 A4 (2002 - 2005)
B6 Audi's are still alright cars, but suffer from a bit of planned obsolescence designed-in
Posted by: TabulaRasa (681) on 2014-07-08 12:34:30
In Reply to: thanks TabulaRasa, I want them for the same reasons....wtf were they thinking posted by s4surf on 2014-07-08 10:12:53

Share | Report
Window regulators in B6/B7 Audi's suck. I've never had to replace them in any of my '90s vintage Audis.

B6's don't have a rubberized anti-corrosion coating like previous Audi's do. This is a design decision to offset the added cost of the aerofloor feature that is documented in the Audi Self Study Program #254.

Various clutch & brake light switches that have gone through a half dozen revisions. The fact that the switches cross-reference to VW Mk. IV parts is a huge red flag.

Lots of plastic things in the engine bay that crack that could have been made of metal instead.

The stock clutch flat out SUCKS. I've driven the 1.8T and 3.0, it doesn't feel like what I expect a German car to be. A 228mm clutch is a joke. The B7 2.0T is a huge improvement in this regard.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to B6 A4 (2002 - 2005)