quattroworld.com Forums: New to me B6 USP, 170K miles. Have some things to sort out, but very well taken care of.

quattroworld

B6 A4 (2002 - 2005)
All messages | Search Forums | Return to B6 A4 (2002 - 2005)
New to me B6 USP, 170K miles. Have some things to sort out, but very well taken care of.
Posted by: lliejk (15610) on 2017-03-31 13:18:54

Share | Report
Been on QW for some time with my Urs6 & C6 S6, as well as a recently demised B4 Sport Q. Rebuilt the Urs engine & much of the suspension as well as other various items, so I am not shy when it comes to dealing with car issues.

Been reading up and doing some research building my knowledge base. Have to handle:

1. RH window regulator
2. Some scratched up interior pcs
3. Various Burned out bulbs
4. New RAM air filter (anyone have any fav's? Only had stock on other cars)
5. Belly Pan (Thor metal or plastic) not sure which
6. Alternate mufflers for the APR 3" exhaust - too much drone at 3/4 throttle - weird that full or cruise is fine) I have no idea what do about it though
7. Rusted RH Fender and a strip of rust above the mid trim on the RH door, Bumper needs a respray and the hood front needs some attention. This may be the most costly single issue, but being a MA & CT car it is expected
8. Child Window switch doesn't stay engaged
9. Cowl & Battery cover from a 03 A4 (funny reading about this little gem)
10. Brakes/rotors just done but at Midas using Meyle rotors & fronts are already pulsing

Engine is strong with an APR tune with injectors and a 3" cat back with a customer 3" downpipe Suspension feels pretty good, though the shocks could be refreshed but that can wait.

Want to change out the fluids all around (brake, coolant, trans, diff) but I need to do more checking to see what the best fluids will be (not sure my research on my 95 S6 applies here)

So hello, and if anyone has any suggestions feel free to chime in. I will be lurking for a while and trying not to ask stupid or repetitive questions, although I can't guarantee I won't on occasion!
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to B6 A4 (2002 - 2005)