quattroworld.com Forums: Track report on the B9 A4... Two days of tracking at Le Circuit Mont Tremblant...

quattroworld

B9 A4
All messages | Search Forums | Return to B9 A4
Track report on the B9 A4... Two days of tracking at Le Circuit Mont Tremblant...
Posted by: Jet Jockey (2155) on 2016-08-23 22:53:09

Share | Report
Brilliant, superb and extremely competent car! Well done Audi!

Fantastic chassis and suspension with a wonderful engine mated to a great DSG transmission. The brakes are powerful and fade free although I'll admit I did not track it for 30 minutes straight at 10/10th.

Very little understeer, very neutral and very benign behavior even with the ESP/traction control completely selected to "OFF" and pushed to its limits.

One thing is for sure this car is way better in the handling than all previous A4s and so are the brakes.

Considering the stock brake fluid, stock brake pads, stock S-Line suspension the car did extremely well on this track. The head instructor had the chance to follow me in his race car and he couldn't believe just how well the car handled the course/track.

Another one driving his 1M that also followed me for a while was very impressed by the handling and how it just accelerated out of the corners.

The first thing that went when pushed hard for several laps were the tires as they got greasy when hot but that's totally understandable.

I'm very happy with it.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to B9 A4