quattroworld.com Forums: little dilemma with my A6 avant.....what to do?

quattroworld

C4 100/A6 (1992 - 1997)
All messages | Search Forums | Return to C4 100/A6 (1992 - 1997)
little dilemma with my A6 avant.....what to do?
Posted by: speedydtp247 (4270) on 2017-05-19 20:54:32

Share | Report
since these 2.8 engines love to leak oil like there is no tomorrow and I'm undecided on what to do? heres the issue. my A6 engine is leaking bad, there is a leaking hard line in the a/c system, the PS rack is leaking and I'm sure there is other issues under the hood where I havent had time to look at and see what's going on. just a FYI my A6 is currently my wife's daily driver and she does like it too.

I love the C4 chassis and its looks so I want to stay with it. I guess I should look at picking up a parts car and pull out the engine (do I have stay with a 96 and 97 model since my 97 has ODB II?) and steering rack to have them rebuilt and swap into my A6. probably do the same with the trans since who knows how long the current one in my A6 will last. or do I start looking for a replacement thats not a C4 even though I really dont want to do this.

here are some pics showing how bad the engine is leaking oil. I think its TOTALLY RIDICULOUS how this is such a poorly designed engine where this happens!

I know its a different engine but my UrS cars werent NEARLY this BAD. both my 93 UrS4 (green) and UrS6 avant leaked oil from the engine but wasnt remotely close to this 2.8 engine (currently turned over 206,000 miles) which both had over 230,000 miles. these pics of this 2.8 were taken months ago and was under 200,000 miles. My first 93 UrS4 (pearl white) had over 200,000 miles really didnt have any oil leaking. here are some pics from my pearl white 93 showing how there isnt much oil leaking.

Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to C4 100/A6 (1992 - 1997)