quattroworld.com Forums: Let me know what you find out...

quattroworld

D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)
All messages | Search Forums | Return to D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)
Let me know what you find out...
Posted by: s8ilver (17935) on 2016-05-17 15:42:01
In Reply to: Re: the ABS, I am looking to swap the ABS module hardwired to the pump posted by JFrahm on 2016-05-17 14:53:26

Share | Report
A new one doesn't sound appealing, but there are used ones all over Ebay under $100. Question is, can you detach the brain from the pump (clip the wires and add a connector is what I assume you mean)? In some photos I see some hard wires running between the two, but the Torx bolts leads me to believe they could be separated and married again (This way you wouldn't have to disconnect the lines to the pump).

My part number on my module is 8E0614111T, but Audi shows the part as 8E0614111AT; must have been updated at some point.

Another stupid question: have you unplugged the module, cleaned the connection (at the harness, not between pump and module), and reseated? I haven't, but maybe worth a shot (when my light comes back on). It's not the most annoying thing, but lack of cruise control sucked yesterday.

Another tidbit: both recent times my lights came on, it was pouring rain outside. Maybe something near the pump assembly is getting moisture and causing the fault.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)