D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)
All messages | Search Forums | Return to D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)
TRW tie rod part number differences inner and outer.
Posted by: 1984-4kq (22499) on 2017-03-19 06:44:49

Share | Report
Hey guys so I think I've narrowed my shake issue to worn tie rod ends and I'm planning on replacing them with some TRW parts.

I found this thread which lists JTE1023 as the outer tie rod ends.
Which looks like this:

Looking up a 2002 S8 on the TRW site lists JTE143 as the outer.

Which looks like this:

On Amazon I see a TRW and Lemforder part listed as with rubber damping is that the difference between these JTE143 has damping while JTE1023 is solid? I assume the solid one might last longer and give you slightly better steering feel while increasing nvh vs teh damped one. Can anyone confirm JTE1023 works?

For the inner tie rods TRW lists two part numbers does anyone know the difference between JAR924 and JAR1226 the only difference seems to be length from the specs on the TRW site. I found one reference on that thread which said he used JAR924.
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)