quattroworld.com Forums: Considering selling my newly acquired S8

quattroworld

D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)
All messages | Search Forums | Return to D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)
Considering selling my newly acquired S8
Posted by: semso55 (106058) on 2017-10-18 13:43:22

Share | Report
As some you may remember I come from BMW world and got this car few months ago. I'm not sure I can end my 13 year old affair with my mistress:
1998 BMW 540i 6 speed Manual with number of desirable upgrades and in extremely good condition.
I still love the Audi and I'm impressed by it but it's inner fight between 2 loves and I can't / won't have both.

Back to Audi:

As with all of my cars, I can't stand car that needs attention. Even though this particulate car is a very nice 2 owner southern car that's been exclusively maintained by Audi dealer (complete service history included), it needed number of things which I already took care of some:

First, some notable stuff done at dealer:

Timing belt, just installed front brake rotors and pads, brand new headliner $$$, oil cooler pipe, blower motor and regulator, both front outside cv joint boots, recent alignment, only 13k miles on Michelin Sports but even though they are only 6 years old, they look cracked and worn at edges and some other typical stuff.

Me:

Extensive cleaning of interior with my Sonax products and exterior buffed by my good friend who should really open detail shop, he's that good.

Installed universal (excellent fit) Weathertech front and rear mats plus Weathertech trunk mat as well.

Purchased Bentley manual on CD and added Audi option to my AutoEngnuity tool.

Replaced broken IM linkage plastic arms with Gruven aluminum ones.

Oil change with synthetic Liqui Moly 5w-40 and Hengst oil filter.

Replaced air and cabin filters with Mann brand.

Redid deteriorated seals around blower box inside engine bay.

Recharged A/C with proper equipment and no sealant used. It's been a month now and it's still blowing cold. Another possible side effect of car sitting for 6 months and seals getting dry.

Replaced ignition switch with OEM brand.

Replaced the 209 relay with Audi brand.

Replaced valve covers with Victor Reinz brand.

Replaced spark plugs with NGK BKR6EQUP (3199).

Installed brand new Supersprint exhaust. Sound is awesome and tips look 10 times better than wimpy factory tips.

Things to do: (have all parts in hand)

Replace front engine mount with Audi brand.

Replace front left window regulator with Audi brand.

Tranny output shaft just developed a leak along with both front axles seals. (Thanks to dumb ass dealer who had the car for 6 months and just sat there)

I have acquired front and rear Bilstein HD struts and shocks (the ones that go with stock springs, same ride height) along with Lemforder mounts (including the hard to acquire rear ones)

I have also acquired all 8 front Lemforder arms (all made in Germany) and obviously want to do seals, struts and arms at once to minimize the labor effort.

To top it off, I also have set of 4 Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 (UHP, 500AA, A) to replace current aging tires.

I did extensive research and while Cooper is mostly known by economy tires, these tries come stock on new Mustang GT and have excellent reviews.

I'm probably forgetting few little things but as with all of my cars one of the first purchases was $1 binder which is now already containing about 40 pages of chronologically arranged receipts pages.

I aso have syntehtic Liqui Moly fluids for diffs and gearbox along with Febi mineral power steering fluid and Vaico purple Audi coolant.

I have a lift and good selection of tools and may proceed to do all of this (still waiting on few parts) or if somebody want to continue where I stopped, we may discuss this.

I'm still not sure but I welcome if you want to message me and discuss the car.

Please don't bother with insulting offers as I'm really not sure how to proceed yet but it's obvious that I spared no expense in bringing this car back to glory and I have over $2000 in it in parts alone.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)