quattroworld

D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)
All messages | Search Forums | Return to D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)
Yup... though I'm less certain that's the problem upon reflection :D
Posted by: hyperlogos (20841) on 2017-11-11 19:17:45
In Reply to: Bad valve? posted by Jake1458 on 2017-11-11 13:51:44

Share | Report
The valve is supposed to CLOSE when actuated. I had BOTH a bad valve and servo problems, so I may have conflated problems in my head.

REGARDLESS: 12 volt power is supplied to the valves, which are then grounded by the CCM to actuate. The connector for the valves is under the plastic surrounding the master cylinder, near the plenum box. T3q is a "round 3-pin connector, brown, in plenum chamber, left". That's underneath the plastic around the master cylinder. It might be attached to a hose there, or on the side of the plenum box, or just hanging out.

T3q/1 (to left valve) is brown/yellow, T3q/2 (to right valve) is brown/white, T3q/3 (hot, probably switched) is red/yellow. The terminals in the connector are ordinary spade terminals. If you jump across T3q/3 (or bring in 12V power from somewhere else, I guess) you should be able to connect an ammeter on the 10A range between T3q/1 and T3q/2 and a ground to test the valves. They should draw less than 3.5A when activated.

Unless you really just haven't bled it somehow (which would be difficult) the alternative is a bad climate servo. Checked CCM codes?
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)