quattroworld

D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)
All messages | Search Forums | Return to D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)
It might be time to let the old girl go....
Posted by: TighT (2106) on 2017-11-14 16:03:14

Share | Report
As my life continues to evolve and priorities change, I'm toying with the idea of putting my D2 up for sale. It took me what seemed like forever to locate a mint condition black on black suede/sport D2 S8. I finally found it in Texas, flew down, and drove her home. Since then I had the entire car 4 stage polished, ceramic coated, and custom clear bra'd at Detailers Domain. We handled any outstanding maintenance items as well as completed a ton of preventative maintenance (timing belt, water pump, valve cover gaskets, cam seals, plugs, coil pack conversion (R8), coolant flush with new tank, new power steering tank, brake flush, new brakes front and rear, new oil/filter, etc, etc.
I then had euro "xenon plus" headlamps brought over from across the pond (brand new), had them clear bra'd, added phillips Ultinon bulbs, rewired the blinker's to accept the US spec Oram Diadem bulb, and installed. I also purchased a Supersprint Magnum stainless exhaust system and installed it (not much louder than stock unfortunately).
I was perturbed by small issues with the car, one that we all know and hate is the dreaded crack in the right taillight around the keyhole area (where you push to pop the trunk). Through a good friend I was able to source a complete set of tail lights (all 4) which we sanded down to get rid of the casting marks and then polished to bring out the shine/luster. The result is better than new lights.
Oh, I almost forgot, I also sourced OEM carbon fiber interior trim from across the pond. The entire car now has one of the hardest to source D2 "holy grail" parts. =) In addition I added a top of the line Kenwood touch screen navigation system with blue tooth, sirius radio, backup camera, and apple carplay. This really adds a new level of technology inside the cabin that I always felt the D2 was missing.

Anyway fellas....what should I ask for this beauty??

Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)