quattroworld

D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)
All messages | Search Forums | Return to D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)
Recoded my transmission from 00102 (USA factory setting) to 00112 (sport setting). Observations:
Posted by: semso55 (106058) on 2018-01-19 14:18:28

Share | Report
As always, do this at your own risk. I personally don't think there is any risk since it seems that Audi or ZF made these setting available for a reason.

I'm aware that majority here use VAG but my after purchasing my S8 I added Audi option to my AutoEnginuity scan tool and recoding is very simple.

Reading this write up I did find find out that my tranny was acting pretty much as described: Yes, it has adaptive program or whatever but in reality I found that it was trying to be too smart. It always seemed it was constantly shifting and I had a feeling I was driving Cadillac.

It seems that my S8 uses these setting (quoted from the link with note my S8 uses 1 instead of third 0):
"00 and later with Tiptronic:
00002, stock coding
00012, sport coding
00022, stock coding, but will hold first gear in Tiptronic to redline regardless of throttle position and then shift to second.
00032, sport coding and will hold first gear in Tiptronic to redline regardless of throttle position and then shift to second".

It seems now that tranny shifts less, holds gears longer which is exactly what I wanted. Sure, the DSP probably saves fuel but I believe it might be wearing tranny faster due to constant shifting.

Anyway, I put about 50 miles since recoding and maybe it's my imagination but shifts seem tad bit smoother and so far no apparent effect on fuel economy.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)