quattroworld

D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)
All messages | Search Forums | Return to D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)
Feeler: D2 S8 Tozo Rebuilt Auto Trans
Posted by: alxdgr8 (6515) on 2018-03-26 16:09:06

Share | Report
You've probably seen my recent posts, but in summary I had a valve spring break leading to engine failure in my '03 S8. I've sourced a spare engine and since I'll be pulling the engine to swap I've started to debate converting to manual while I'm in there (I've already got a 6spd 01E sitting around). So if I do that, I'd be looking to sell my freshly rebuilt auto trans.

Trans was rebuilt by Gabor/Tozo in Chicago early last year at 183k miles right before I bought the car from Jim/skiracer13. The car now has 195k miles and the trans has been driving brilliantly.

I'm still not 100% sold on selling yet. The fresh rebuilt trans was the #1 reason I bought the car as it's nice in Seattle traffic. However my commute has changed (for the better) recently so DD'ing a manual wouldn't be a chore, hence my exploration of this option. The trans is still in the car and won't be ready for removal for probably 6-8 weeks as I'm getting married in a few weeks and will then still need to pull the motor.

Not sure on price yet, but the rebuild was to the tune of $3500. I'm thinking maybe around $2800 would be a fair price?
Not looking to ship, so pickup in Seattle is preferred. Might possibly be able to deliver for a fee. If you do want it shipped, I can direct you to a company that others have used to buy engines from me in the past, where they come and pick up the trans, crate it, and freight it to you. But I don't know how much they charge for that service.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)