quattroworld.com Forums: I am doing a manual swap and I have tested a factory 6MT car as you suggested.

quattroworld

D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)
All messages | Search Forums | Return to D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)
I am doing a manual swap and I have tested a factory 6MT car as you suggested.
Posted by: TwoSeven (3728) on 2015-07-24 13:14:46
In Reply to: This document must only be for an automatic. There's no mention of the clutch vent valve posted by SteveKen on 2015-07-23 12:59:13

Share | Report
Pulling the fuse for ABS, I think, did the trick on my old S4. The car was harder to control since throttle input wasn't compensated, but once you got the hang of it it was actually kind of a blast to drive like that.

I am going to be running the correct Euro 6MT reflash in my ECU, and am not in need of the clutch safety switch functionality. I am the only one who will drive the car, and I know not to turn the key without putting my feet down. Unless you need to - I had a fuel pump die in an older car many years ago while driving on a road mostly bounded by guardrails with no shoulders, at night, and I was able to coast about 200 feet shy of the nearest safety turnout. With my options down to getting rear-ended or finding a way to get the car to the turnout, and not wanting to get out and push in the dark on the ass end of a 60mph blind curve, I turned the motor with the starter while I wound it through gears one and two, moving it up to about 8mph under "hybrid synergy drive" until it got to the turnout. Clutch safety switch might have left me in harm's way, and for what? Unless it is literally your first time behind the wheel of a car with a stick, you should know better.

Also, when the ECU gets signal from the brake switch, power is cut as well; I was thinking that tapping the clutch switch into that function would be a suitable workaround, but if there is different logic in the box behind interpreting a clutch push and a brake tap, that changes things...

~Sam
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)