quattroworld.com Forums: Lovely car... get the cam follower for the HPFP replaced IMMEDIATELY. Do not pass go. NOW.

quattroworld

D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)
All messages | Search Forums | Return to D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)
Lovely car... get the cam follower for the HPFP replaced IMMEDIATELY. Do not pass go. NOW.
Posted by: TwoSeven (3728) on 2015-11-18 14:09:22
In Reply to: I did sell the Slackura so I am down to 2 Audis now :) posted by kocyk123 on 2015-11-18 13:58:02

Share | Report
There's no fuse for the HPFP, just the LPFP, and hot rattle plus the fuse for the low-pressure pump going at that mileage says to me that the low-pressure pump is under stress due to low pumping action from the HPFP. If you let this go much longer you will be out a cam follower AND a cam if that is the case. Not something to F about with.

The oil senders on these cars do exactly what you said... just be good about minding the REAL level until you swap in the sender.

There's no easy way to check for carbon deposits... most of the work of cleaning the intake is disassembly you'd have to do just to take a look. If you have no codes related to misfire or anything in the intake, just make a habit of checking the hard vacuum lines and using the product / process below before each oil change to prevent buildup.

And seriously, get the cam follower inspected IMMEDIATELY. Not in any way joking about that.

~Sam
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)