quattroworld.com Forums: Got the radiator off the parts car, not as new as I hoped. Since I'm taking the front end off anyway

quattroworld

D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)
All messages | Search Forums | Return to D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)
Got the radiator off the parts car, not as new as I hoped. Since I'm taking the front end off anyway
Posted by: Britt (1151) on 2016-01-02 18:51:59
In Reply to: So is it the plastic leaking or the tab not pushing? posted by BrianC72gt on 2016-01-02 02:35:05

Share | Report
I'm just going to bite the bullet and do the timing belt service, valve cover gaskets , timing tensioners, fix the intake flaps and what ever else brakes taking it all apart.
I got the car with 82K miles, no service records, its at about 222K now, never had a TB service I would guess, not in the last 140K for sure.

I'll take a close look at the radiator when I get it off. If the plastic is cracked I probably wont try to fix. If its just the glue joint I probably will try to fix. then there is the parts car radiator... so who knows.

At least this time around I have a concrete slab to work on and I'm in doors. I posted on FB...I feel I'm loosing touch with my Redneckedness!

Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to D2 A8/S8 (1997 - 2003)