quattroworld.com Forums: Have a couple of codes that popped up today. Did a search for the codes but not a lot came up.

quattroworld

allroad
All messages | Search Forums | Return to allroad
Have a couple of codes that popped up today. Did a search for the codes but not a lot came up.
Posted by: Cyrannosaurus Rex (11129) on 2014-05-22 00:35:50

Share | Report
17584 - Bank1: O2 (Lambda) Correction Behind Catalyst
P1176 - 35-00 - Control Limit Reached
17585 - Bank2: O2 (Lambda) Correction Behind Catalyst
P1177 - 35-00 - Control Limit Reached

In the threads I've seen, the suggestion is that the o2 sensors have been swapped, at least in sergei's case.

It came up about 150mi after I brought the car out of hibernation. I cleared the code but I imagine it'll pop up again in another 150 from what I read. Had a stuklr tune done, with EGT delete, but o2 sensors still functional. I don't think there's a leak at the flex pipes, as one was replaced earlier this year.

I've done the SAI delete, and plug the vacuum line between the kombi valves. The kombi valves are still in place, but from my understanding with the vacuum line plugged, that should be ok, at least temporarily.

I'll do a closer inspection of the o2 sensors and flex pipes, but I don' think that'll be the issue. Is there another reason for both codes to pop up simultaneously?
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to allroad