quattroworld.com Forums: Here you go.

quattroworld

allroad
All messages | Search Forums | Return to allroad
Here you go.
Posted by: RexNICO (11364) on 2014-10-21 07:27:37
In Reply to: Anybody recall the talk about a place that will refurb your leaky mirror? It's not what they posted by RedBlackYellow on 2014-10-21 00:23:08

Share | Report
Here's their response to my inquiry from 7/22/2014. I had picked up an A4 mirror I was considering swapping into my Jetta ... before I realized the gold-ish mirror wasn't an "option", but instead the beginning of a problem.

"Thank you for the inquiry. The cost for repair is $97 (including shipping/handling) or exchange (if available) is $107 (includes pre-paid return label to return defective core). Customers in Canada will be charged $120 (USD) and all other international repairs $175(USD).

**For international customers please note that your country may have additional surcharge fees upon the return of your product. These charges are not included in the price above and will not be paid by Sybesma's Electronics**

If you would like to send pictures of your mirror, we will gladly see if an exchange is available. Your mirror needs to be removed from the windshield and the following info is needed:
* Front view of the mirror
* Back view of the mirror
* Picture of the mounting bracket
* Picture of the plug/wires (Please make sure we can see the pin holes and all colored wires)

The other option we offer is a repair/return. If we do not have the plastics in house to build you a mirror as a pre-exchange, or you would prefer your original mirror repaired and sent back, you may send it into us, we will gladly exchange out the defective glass cell. Please be advised that in order to do this we must open the plastics in your mirror. In the rare instance your plastics break beyond repair, Sybesma's will make every effort to find a comparable replacement but no guarantees are made. Payment is made prior to repair.

Also, be advised that we are unable to test the operations in the home link feature, auto head lamps and rain sensor, so your mirror may or may not have this as an operable function upon completion of the repair. If unit does break, $15 will be retained as a bench fee and the remaining refunded. (If you would like your mirror shipped back, an additional shipping/handling for charges will apply)

Please send your mirror along with your name/address/phone/credit card number stating you would like the mirror repaired and returned to the address below. If you prefer not to include your card number we will contact you via phone/email once the unit is received. After payment is made the typical turnaround time is 3-4 business days for the unit to be back in route to you.

PLEASE NOTE :
* We no longer carry glass cells that support the slider button auto dim feature, or for the Mitsubishi Spyder as they are unavailable to us.
* Our program is for Magna Donnelly and Gentex made mirrors only (it will be the mirror owners responsibility to pay for return shipping if the mirror sent in is not from one of these manufacturers)

***We request you DO NOT send in any additional plastics with your mirror (i.e. trim pieces, pins etc.) Your fully assembled mirror the only item needed. Sybesma's Electronics will not be liable for any lost pieces***"
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to allroad