quattroworld.com Forums: yup, seen it(fixed it) many times before.....fwiw I only use diesel 15w40 oil in my cars, thin hot

quattroworld

allroad
All messages | Search Forums | Return to allroad
yup, seen it(fixed it) many times before.....fwiw I only use diesel 15w40 oil in my cars, thin hot
Posted by: kinderutz (1496) on 2016-07-01 00:30:05
In Reply to: Like this? posted by KBATTPO on 2016-06-30 19:44:18

Share | Report
oil drains like water....no thanks.
Yes,thick oil gets there a milisecond later but also leaves a good coating on the surfaces so they are certainly not dry.
I've been using Supertech diesel oil from Walmart (15w40) for a few years now and I like it....it's $9/gallon....I change it every 3k-5k miles,i use a MANN filter and change it every second time. I like it better then the Rotella.
Used it in my C5 S6, stage 1 and 3 Allroad, 740i, 540i, C5 A6, Volvo xc90....will use it in the C6 as well...cured an oil burning Accord, Outback, G6 GTP and a B5 A4.

Cam tensioner pads are readily available on eBay, amazon,etc....buy a spare tool too, they like to break easily, change pads on both banks.

No need to remove timing belt , drivers side is a bitch but doable, pass side is cake.
You won't bend valves, had one drove to me for 30min without oil(oil cooler gasket failed, puked oil, sounded much worst then yours) running on 3cyl...shut off in front of the garage and refused to start....no compressio whatsoever.
Replaced chain tensioners, seals, put oil in it, had to crank it for 15min or more (jump box on, thought starter will fry), started building compression and finally started... ran great after, still does to this day....99 A6 sedan.

Let me know if you have any questions Igor, good luck!
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to allroad