quattroworld.com Forums: the kids will still crawl over it. I grew up in a house that had railings on the second floor

quattroworld

Architecture & Design/Construction/DIY
All messages | Search Forums | Return to Architecture & Design/Construction/DIY
the kids will still crawl over it. I grew up in a house that had railings on the second floor
Posted by: MARK(nmtt)RS5 (453) on 2014-12-03 03:42:46
In Reply to: This is one build that would be a prime candidate for... posted by 5speed6 v.3 on 2014-12-02 22:01:59

Share | Report
but it had a wing that was one story...I still got on it with no direct access and jumped off...once with an umbrella and a second attempt with a sheet as a parachute...I learned how to land and roll well at least. Which I repeated often...still do not know how I got away with that but maybe that and years of beach volleyball explain my pissed off knees now. These images are all in Europe...this isn't happening here by code, The LA house yes...it has railings and um I want my cars inside. Oddly as thinset knows I never broke a bone doing stupid sh$t as a kid jumping off more than anything in these images and going down stairs on cardboard never mind skate boards and dirt bikes over stuff that didn't work. But the first bone I did break had nothing to do with architectural built environment safety. Simple comment is that Venice Italy would not exist in your world in terms of this post with the kids on the balcony. Railings help but its also a condition where even with putting a railing to any of this we as architects cant do horizontal lines in two decades, rails that are horizontal below a handrail anymore the kids will climb it. Where does it end. But for your normal comments every older person needs a rail and with a bad knee at a relatively young age so do I so I agree with you on the average stair. I know I would like just a handrail on both sides. Kids will jump off anything though.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Architecture & Design/Construction/DIY