quattroworld.com Forums: Need the free thinking minds of QW A&D for alternatives to a problem....here is the back story..

quattroworld

Architecture & Design/Construction/DIY
All messages | Search Forums | Return to Architecture & Design/Construction/DIY
Need the free thinking minds of QW A&D for alternatives to a problem....here is the back story..
Posted by: bac2h (556) on 2013-08-24 16:58:52

Share | Report
we have forced air heating and cooling in the house. The heat source is propane and the furnace is in the basement. Mounted just above the furnace in the ductwork is a General Power humidifier with a rheostat to control the amount of humidity. There is a drain in the bottom of the unit to allow excess water to drain down to a small receptacle that has a built in float and pump. When enough water accumulates in the receptacle it activates the float and the pump proceeds to pump the excess water UP through a plastic tube that runs up to the rafters and over to a small inlet in our main pipe that heads out of the house to the septic system. The problem is that the pump periodically gets clogged up with 'gunk' and water goes all over the basement floor. If this was anywhere near the sump hole I would just run the tubing over there and be done with the pump. Yes I can continue to clean the pump when I see the problem but there has to be an alternative. Phew....sorry to be so long winded...Any and all thoguhts are appreciated.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Architecture & Design/Construction/DIY