quattroworld.com Forums: I just attended a GE Monogram demo on their induction cooktops last Tuesday, pretty impressive.

quattroworld

Architecture & Design/Construction/DIY
All messages | Search Forums | Return to Architecture & Design/Construction/DIY
I just attended a GE Monogram demo on their induction cooktops last Tuesday, pretty impressive.
Posted by: irish21 (1253) on 2015-03-08 12:03:10
In Reply to: I STFA but last discussion was 2013. We're thinking Induction cook top is for us posted by Bob Murphy on 2015-03-07 16:52:38

Share | Report
The chef put a pan on the top, flipped it on, and it was at searing temp in about a minute. He then removed the pan and touched the glass, which was pretty warm (it takes heat from the pan), but not hot enough to burn one's hand.

The chef said that he now used induction more than he uses the pro gas cooktop 10 feet away.

The one thing that I asked about but did not see demo'd was control for simmering. He answered that it's not an issue, but I'd want to check that out before I bought one.

One note: Monogram's next generation (which should be released this spring/early summer) is going to include two bridged burnesr for a griddle. Not certain who has or doesn't have that feature.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Architecture & Design/Construction/DIY