quattroworld.com Forums: Commercial Project

quattroworld

Architecture & Design/Construction/DIY
All messages | Search Forums | Return to Architecture & Design/Construction/DIY
Commercial Project
Posted by: DD (CA) (423) on 2015-06-10 05:15:03

Share | Report
Thought you might be interested in railing my company's "small" commercial project.

My employer of 19 yrs allowed me to acquire a 15,000ft building here along the CalTrain corridor in the Silly Valley. We will be consolidating two leased site operations into this single mixed use property.

Current office; ~3200ft and Current factory; ~6000ft. The consolidation allows us to grow, own our own building and improve the current production facility. Our offices are actually sufficient and convenient for most staff, so the office side move is being met with concern. Sorry.

I searched 2.5 years for a reasonable site around this sq ft; less than a dozen viable candidates over that time. I saw this as an opportunity...

The building is dated, built circa 1964, tilt up concrete. Former use as machine shop. Like the awnings?

The plan is to (re)build our renovation to LEED Silver certification level or higher, while dramatically changing the interior and significantly modifying the production flow for efficiency and warehousing needs.

We supply materials, tools and services to large electronic firms and our functionality and appearance need to appear "on par" appearance wise, even in a small form factor, relative to the INTC, APPL, NVID, QCOM, SONY, of the area. But on a low cost budget...

To that, we considered a number of ways to update the exterior aesthetic (hell, even just paint would be a start), knowing this was more a "paint a turd" type budget
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Architecture & Design/Construction/DIY