quattroworld.com Forums: And to keep pilot345 happy, I also picked up something blue earlier in the year

quattroworld

Architecture & Design/Construction/DIY
All messages | Search Forums | Return to Architecture & Design/Construction/DIY
And to keep pilot345 happy, I also picked up something blue earlier in the year
Posted by: gription (987) on 2017-11-30 16:36:41
In Reply to: BUT on that note, I did buy their "Surge" hydraulic impact driver earlier this year. posted by gription on 2017-11-30 16:12:49

Share | Report
This is actually a pretty cool / odd tool. Hooked up to a vacuum, you can make clean, depth-controlled cuts in drywall with ease and leave almost no drywall dust behind. I had a section of a ceiling to take out and a traditional jab saw would have made a mess. A sawzall would have made a HUGE mess.

I'd put this in the category of a specialty tool, for sure. but it has a specific purpose and it's pretty good at what it does. The blade makes an oscillating motion and you can make a blind plunge-cut with ease. The way the blade is mounted is a bit strange - and the replacement blades are expensive, but for a remodeler working inside of someone's house while they are still living there - this tool is a strong buy.

I don't think it has enough power to cut anything but drywall or cardboard. The blade mount is likely not rigid enough to use it as a substitute for a jig saw, but you can mount a utility knife blade in the blade holder. Maybe you could cut styrene sheets with it - assuming you have the need to do so.

But mostly I like it because it is really unique
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Architecture & Design/Construction/DIY