quattroworld.com Forums: Wasn't particularly scary-- I ran really deep at the end of the back stretch---

quattroworld

Brakes & Suspension
All messages | Search Forums | Return to Brakes & Suspension
Wasn't particularly scary-- I ran really deep at the end of the back stretch---
Posted by: J. Patterson (304) on 2013-06-30 03:37:02
In Reply to: Some notes and questions posted by just me on 2013-06-10 08:03:43

Share | Report
and had been running harder than normal trying to stay ahead of another modded TT in the instructor-- advanced group. We were getting blown away by GT3s and the like but were having lots of fun with each other. After running real deep at the end of the back stretch, when I got to T1 the pedal went nearly to the floor. One pump and I had enough brakes to get around the turn (albeit late and wide) I dialed back for a lap and brakes felt normal again. It was last session of the weekend so I did not bleed them at the track. My fluid-- Ate 200--- was a bit old too. (Lazy) FYI I was running 2'29"s or so on Hankook RS3s . I have run 2'27"s there on NT01s and using trailbraking and turning to help slow the car. It is a great track. Wish I could get there more but it is a 500 + mile tow.
One other note--- I'm shopping for a Cayman S. Did I read that you track a Boxster?? Any observations and advice would be welcomed. I have the same opinions as you about the importance of pads vs BBKs and how drilled or even slotted rotors are just bling. My Brembo calipers ( from a Boxster) made my brake FEEL lots better but they did not improve stopping ability ( and certainly not fade resistance )
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Brakes & Suspension