quattroworld.com Forums: Dipped Headlight

quattroworld

C6 A6 (2005 - 2011)
All messages | Search Forums | Return to C6 A6 (2005 - 2011)
Dipped Headlight
Posted by: airbil (1042) on 2016-04-25 20:29:49

Share | Report
My fix was just to install a new ebay headlight. $300
So why when this happens does there have to be a big annoying constantly blinking yellow light in the cluster??? With no relief for most folks other than a huge $$ dealer repair bill?
But I had read about this generally caused by a simple broken wire. So, I autopsied this assembly to to find the broken wire... and then find the other end of the broken wire. There's much talk about this on the net but no pics of the broken wire. So here it is below.
These wires are totally and completely wrong for this application as they are too small, too stiff and the insulation dries out and cracks completely off leaving areas of bare wire. I'd say its not a matter of if they will fail, but when...although maybe >07 models fixed this. dunno
Anyhoo here's a pic of the broken wire and the other end too. Maybe and thats a big maybe it could be respliced back together without taking out the light. This is a pass sided lamp.
The end by by the green arrow was totally hidden. There are two wires there and they disappear so just try pulling on them one at a time gently. If you are lucky and have not pissed off any audi gods maybe it's any ez fix to be done without assembly removal.... but I doubt this pass is given to anyone.

ps
The whole bumper cover does not have to come off to get at the light, just the side that bad light is on. Google around for those instructions... very ez
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to C6 A6 (2005 - 2011)