quattroworld.com Forums: '08 A6 Avant locking system gone berserk! (Long)

quattroworld

C6 A6 (2005 - 2011)
All messages | Search Forums | Return to C6 A6 (2005 - 2011)
'08 A6 Avant locking system gone berserk! (Long)
Posted by: stuffinder (7702) on 2018-02-26 06:18:45

Share | Report
While 500 miles from home investigating a college for my daughter I left the key (car has Keyless Go feature) laying on the console somewhere with my wife in the passenger seat & the car running while I stepped out to check out some antique cars in the window of an old Buggy Factory! Got back in the car and returned to our motel. When I shut the car off I hit the button to engage the lock. When I reached in my pocket to use the key to lock the door I couldn't find the key. The key was obviously in the car s I could depress the brake pedal and start it. After a brief search in a very cluttered car I decided to use my daughter's key we'd brought along in an electrostatic bag. (to keep from confusing the locking system!) Sitting in the car with it turned off I locked & unlocked the car with #2 key thinking that would sync the locking system to new key. I then got out of the car an locked the car with the #2 key. The car locked and I walked away. When I came back the remote would not unlock the car! I could hear something actuating but door remained locked. The only way I could get in the car from the driver's side was to insert the key into the lock & turn it twice & the windows all came down. I could then reach inside & pull the door handle & unlock the car! My daughter discovered that after locking the car again the remote actually unlocked the pass door & rear hatch! The car had a similar car when I bought it. I'd gone to CT to test drive it and never tested the locks! When I picked it up a week later I drove off in bliss & when meeting a friend for dinner 100 miles east found out I couldn't lock the car! When I got home I used VAG COM and found codes for the pass door actuator which my mechanic replaced. I've lost my VAG COM but imagine this problem is one of the door actuators as well.BUT strange that it should fail when I lost the key & swapped to another. BTW I did find the original key wedged under dr seat & both keys exhibit the same symptoms!
I was wondering if disconnecting the battery or resetting te MMI might have any effect. Just got home late last night after 10 hr drive & will re-address problem in AM!
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to C6 A6 (2005 - 2011)