quattroworld.com Forums: Follow up - Purchased a used headlight assembly from junkyard for $250. Sorry - long.

quattroworld

C6 A6 (2005 - 2011)
All messages | Search Forums | Return to C6 A6 (2005 - 2011)
Follow up - Purchased a used headlight assembly from junkyard for $250. Sorry - long.
Posted by: StarkNaked (3969) on 2018-03-05 14:52:45
In Reply to: yup, black wire(s) broken due to a zip tie placed in the wrong spot and too tight...my C6 had this t posted by kinderutz on 2018-02-03 05:53:40

Share | Report
Paid my indy shop to install. Boss "helped" my regular guy with pulling bumper. Boss thinks they can get passenger side headlight out and new one in without pulling bumper completely.

Pick up car, drive away, and within half a block, I hear strange clicking. Roll down the window when I get to next corner, but can't hear anything any more.

Next morning on the way to work TPMS goes off. I get out and immediately see screw sticking out of drivers side front tire. Spend next two hours getting tire patched.

Go to lunch. Back to work and get out of the car. Glance back and notice that the drivers side bumper is no longer flush with the fender where they join at the wheel well. Look inside the wheel well, and there is no hardware where the bumper attaches. So back to the indy shop on the way home from work. Turns out Boss loosened everything on the drives side, but never tightened them back up. Screw fell out as soon as I drove out of the parking lot and went into the tire.

So new(used) head light works for about a week, then I get a new error message that the bulb is out. So now I no longer have adaptive fault, but bulb only comes on sometimes.

Back to the shop, my guy swaps out ballast and a couple of other parts from old head light into the new one.

No broken wires, no repairs, just parts swap.

Fingers crossed. So far, so good!!!
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to C6 A6 (2005 - 2011)