quattroworld.com Forums: 2001 Audi A6 4.2 For Sale - low miles- price reduced $3,950

quattroworld

Classifieds - Vehicles
Please use the appropriate classifieds section: Swapmeet (General) | Audi Parts | Wheels & Tires | Vehicles

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Classifieds - Vehicles
2001 Audi A6 4.2 For Sale - low miles- price reduced $3,950
Posted by: indyaudi28 (7371) on 2016-12-27 15:44:14

Share | Report
Hello, Here is a link to the Craigslist ad as I having troubles posting pics. Please PM on this site me if you have any interest.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5934929778.html

-Thank you Econguy for the tip on postings. Given that the images are huge I will only post a few --

For sale, 2001 Audi A6 4.2 V8. The car has approx. 104,xxx miles and is in excellent shape. We purchased the car used with approx. 30k miles in 2003 and have most records on hand. The car has always been taken care of (owned by my parents) and is always kept clean in a garage... paint reflects the care we have given the car. For the past 5+ years it has served as the extra car and now it no longer makes sense to keep it given that the owners are retired. We have owned Audis for years (I have a 2004 allroad) and we are attached to this car and would like to find another enthusiast or someone who will appreciate it and know how to work on it. As with any 15+ year Audi there are several items that require attention and I will do my best to describe. Please PM me with your phone number if you would like more information. I am happy to arrange for an inspection.

Good:
Excellent shape with only minor scratches to paint. The car has not been in any major accidents (except as described below). It is fully loaded with navigation (only one navi cd so never used it), sunroof, power rear shade (works), side sun shades, Bose, winter pkg with heated seats front and rear, parking sensors, xenons, garage opener, power driver/passenger memory seats, power tele wheel, tinted windows 35%. I believe it has every factory option except for the solar sunroof, CD changer, and sport seats although I am unsure as rear seats are sculpted so have wondered if we do indeed have them. Being a 4.2 it has the wider flares which looks sharp.
We recently changed the timing belt in last 10k miles and have performed all services regularly including oil changes. Tires have 6/32nd thread left. We have records for the car.

Challenges:
* Front suspension replaced 3 years ago (16k miles) with ECS Ultimate front end kit heavy duty by local Audi shop. Since then the front tie rod ends and some control arms require replacement. My shop has no explanation for the premature need to replace so early.
* Power steering box whines. Does this more when cold.
* Transmission torque converter failed ~70k miles. It was rebuilt under an extended warranty. Presently there are times where car develops a "shudder" at partial throttle in 3rd gear. I am not entirely sure why this occurs but has not gotten any worse so we have not delved into it.
* Rearview mirror is fogged. It works for me but you may want to replace it...recommend finding a used part.
* Slight pixel issue with center display. This can be fixed but we have not bothered.
* Door lock module: Likely is the cause of the interior lights staying on as well as unable to lock doors while driving. Common issue with Audis.
* Minor accident while with a former mechanic 5+ years ago. Required repair and painting of rear bumper. Original repair did not seal well causing water to leak into trunk. We subsequently had this repaired by local body shop who sealed it.
* Check engine light on. Code reads O2 sensor
* One fog light burned out
Thread:
  • 2001 Audi A6 4.2 For Sale - low miles- price reduced $3,950 contains picture contains url  -  indyaudi28  2016-12-27 15:44:14 (840 views)
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Classifieds - Vehicles