quattroworld.com Forums: FS: 1991 Audi 200 20vt Avant

quattroworld

Classifieds - Vehicles
Please use the appropriate classifieds section: Swapmeet (General) | Audi Parts | Wheels & Tires | Vehicles

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Classifieds - Vehicles
FS: 1991 Audi 200 20vt Avant
Posted by: AudiSport4000 (98) on 2017-06-11 20:25:31

Share | Report
I've had this car for a little over a year but it has seen little time on the road. I'm selling in hopes to have somebody who knows what it is will enjoy it for what it is. The car has been enthusiast owned for many years and I have been in the Audi game since 1999.

Located in Fort Wayne, IN.

Basics:
Lago Blue
Gray interior (UrS4 front seats)
3B 20vt engine
True mileage unknown. Cluster replaced by me a year ago, which currently has 209k.
Euro headlight housings with relayed harness
UrS6 Avus wheels with Hankook Ventus tires (around 5k on the tires themselves)

Service under my ownership (4/16 to current)
- New hatch struts
- Replaced speedometer and various cluster bulbs
- Installed UrS4 front seats
- Radiator fan switch, new coolant tank, G11 coolant
- New grill trim clips
- Recent oil change with 5w40 Rotella and Mann filter

I drove about 4 hours to acquire the car, drove it home, and turned around 3 weeks later and took it on a 16hr round trip to PA. I recently did the same trip to PA almost a month ago. Car is ready to drive anywhere and if it does not sell this week it will be going with me on a 5hr round trip next weekend.
The car is extremely well documented, has been cared for, and is a true survivor of what a 200 20v wagon should be. The car has only traveled about 5000 miles since I've owned it. Like any car of this age there are things the new owner should be made aware of. These are listed below.

- ECU has been chipped. Previous owner states it is an IA chip, but I never opened up the ECU to verify. Wastegate has been modified in the past but I have not touched it since I owned the car.
- Slight knock from drivers front when going over bumps or turning. I suspect lower control arm bushing, but that's an educated guess.
- Lazy water temp gauge and optimistic fuel gauge. MFTS may need replacing (a new one may go with the car). Fuel gauge sender needs looked at. Reads good when full or empty. Autocheck will throw the low fuel icon when tank is completely full.
- Catalytic converter heat shield rattles at times
- UFO brakes shake a bit when slowing from a high rate of speed
- Front windshield wiper motor/linkage is noisy and should be replaced. A 5ktq replacement will go with the car.
- AC inop. Belt is not there, but everything else for the system to operate is.
- Shifter bushing could stand replacement. Car goes into and out of gear no problem.
- Various LED's for window switches, mirror control are inop.
- Cruise control inop. I acquired the rod and bushing, both will go with the car.
- Small oil leak if the car sits for more than a week. I suspect the oil pan extension gasket.
- A few small stains on the gray carpet that the floormats casually hide.
- Drivers side heated seat inop
- Fuse for door locks was pulled prior to my ownership. Was told that the alarm would sometimes go off over bumps.
- Fuse for afterrun coolant pump was not present when I acquired the car. Pump looks fairly new.
- Some hatch trim needs reglued and some of the mouse fur trim around the doors could use the same.

Photos really tell the tale of the car. If there are any specifics or more detailed shots of particular areas needed I'm happy to work with prospective buyers to get them what they want.
The car has lived a cushy life since I've owned it. I do not drive this car or any car I own hard at all. Change in direction with what Audi I want drives the sale of this one. Looking to sell asap but will not give the car away as I know what it is.

Spare parts are not included with the sale price but will be worked in to the deal if the buyer wishes. Some parts that are NOT pictured but I do have are listed below.
- Original gray comfort seats
- 3 instrument clusters as spares
- Set of UFO rotors and calipers

Here are some photos. Please check the link below for others. I encourage serious parties to email me directly. Like I said, I'm looking for a very quick sale. These do not come up for sale often, let alone rust free examples.

Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Classifieds - Vehicles