quattroworld.com Forums: they tell you that because the UPS needs to be rated for a bit more than the max draw on the laser

quattroworld

Computers
All messages | Search Forums | Return to Computers
they tell you that because the UPS needs to be rated for a bit more than the max draw on the laser
Posted by: manualAvant (497) on 2014-02-24 12:30:52
In Reply to: I'm not trying to limit the dimming with the surge protected receptacle. posted by 808MGuy on 2014-02-21 20:36:24

Share | Report
and nobody provisions their UPS like that, cause they plug other stuff into it.

The surge protector only protects against incoming surges and does not help anything else on the line if it demands power (within ratings) suddenly. Surge protecting everything affected by the laser voltage sag won't do anything, but a UPS would, although it seems kind of silly to put lights on a UPS. You'd also need one that reacted instantly. I suggested a double conversion UPS on the laser because the UPS might be able to compensate and not sag the line.

You didn't specify which Brother, and there is no printer that starts with MFP, so I looked up the MFC-9xxx series, which the *peak* draw is 1188 W, or 9.9 A, so you could protect that with a 2000 VA double conversion UPS which is only like a couple thousand dollars..

This one even says "go ahead, plug a laser into it"

http://www.grainger.com/product/GENERAL-ELECTRIC-UPS-System-12P697

Anyway, the spec sheet listing it at 10A peak should explain your problem and the dedicated line will probably solve it as well.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Computers