quattroworld.com Forums: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how much I hate SAP.

quattroworld

Computers
All messages | Search Forums | Return to Computers
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how much I hate SAP.
Posted by: TabulaRasa (681) on 2016-01-28 15:45:10
In Reply to: An interesting read... thanks for sharing cause I would have otherwise missed it. posted by TabulaRasa on 2016-01-28 15:10:08

Share | Report
I worked for a manufacturing company that used SAP. SAP was used for purchasing, production, spare parts inventory keeping, documentation, among other things.

Every day there would be functional issues with SAP for the simplest things, like me pulling up a document so I could print it to a .PDF file and email it to someone outside of the company. Sometimes it'd work right away, sometimes it'd take upwards of 20 minutes. Our in house IT dept. sat in their cluster maybe 100ft. from my desk and they were putting out SAP fires daily... Using the system the company had was probably the most stressful and frustrating experience.

Not to mention the maze of proprietary GUI interface menus and inane, generic looking tiny icons everywhere. Thank god I speak German because I could atleast understand a little more of the system than the average English speaker. Little things like "Storno".
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Computers