quattroworld.com Forums: Collinite 915 (Marque D'Elegance) initial impressions

quattroworld

Auto Detailing
All messages | Search Forums | Return to Auto Detailing
Collinite 915 (Marque D'Elegance) initial impressions
Posted by: RKA (1074) on 2017-09-07 10:38:44

Share | Report
First...LOL @ the name. Okay, with that out of the way, this is reported to have the highest amount of carnauba of all their offerings (haven't tried the others). They claim it's best for dark cars, I've wasted it on a pearl white honda.

Initial application was pretty easy, but not as easy as P21S (which is the easiest carnauba I've worked with, but least durable). Just follow the standard rules for carnauba paste waxes...moisten your applicator with water which will help it lay down really thin. For the tight areas where I didn't want to mash the applicator pad and get wax onto the unpainted plastic, I just ran my fingers over the paste and the heat from my hand liquified the wax nicely, they apply to the paint with my fingers. Just as easy as any high quality carnauba. Do small sections and wipe off just as it starts to haze over. Comes off easy with a short pile MF towel (ignore the reviews that say it's a PITA - they are laying it on too thick or waiting too long to remove). Go back over the area with a fresh towel to make sure you got it all and move on to the next section. No dusting at all. P21S is more foregiving in terms of removal. Even if you let it set longer it comes off easy.

The results? Can't tell the difference from any other carnauba on the white paint. I did layer this over Dr. Beasley's Plasmacoat, and the look that carnauba adds is unmistakeable to my eyes. Now the question is durability? I'm undecided about a second layer at this point. It seems unnecessary. I found a small section on the roof rail that I failed to buff out. I tried to rub it out the next day with my finger and it wouldn't budge. It was caked on harder than any carnauba I've worked with. But it did rain overnight and maybe that helped the carnauba "set" harder?

Collinite offers a different paste formulation (476 - super doublecoat) that has more synthetic contents and less carnauba. This would be better for winterizing the car.
Thread:
  • Collinite 915 (Marque D'Elegance) initial impressions  -  RKA  2017-09-07 10:38:44 (222 views)
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Auto Detailing