quattroworld.com Forums: Comments on Sonax PNS and curing.

quattroworld

Auto Detailing
All messages | Search Forums | Return to Auto Detailing
Comments on Sonax PNS and curing.
Posted by: schnellmb_heart attack (1651) on 2017-10-27 03:38:17

Share | Report
I didn't think the product would "cure" resulting in anything significant, however.

I applied it on 10/22. I had some smudging here and there (door handles). I found that a dry microfiber is helpful in buffing the product out. The day I applied PNS was about 70 degrees, a somewhat humid day and inside my garage.

It wasn't bad to remove, but it's not PowerLock-easy to remove. Definitely better than some other past waxes and probably I'd say is equivalent in removal to the old 1Z Glanz, perhaps a bit easier. If you old timers remember how hard at times it was to buff out Klasse, either AIO or SG--PNS is easy.

The shine on a silver car is amazing. It does look like a synthetic, but does have warmth. P21S's 100% Carnauba Paste Wax added a depth of shine and warmth to my silver 911. I would say PNS is near that look, but really shines for a synthetic.

As for curing, I didn't really think that after application and a couple hours there would be much of a difference. I can't put a number on it, but does indeed look a bit more shiny with depth on the paintwork. Where I can really notice there is a cure is on the shiny black plastic on Audis. The fish mouth grill where I applied it shows the difference. The day of app., and after being buffed it looked ok. A few days out, it looks like the black plastic, including other plastic areas (like the B pillars) on my A6's body look deeper and have more distinct shine.

It'll be interesting to see how it holds up. But I have to say if your getting older, your joints hurt like hell this might be a good solution to "waxing" your car with minimal work. I was going to use my Flex with leftover old 1Z Metallic Polish/Wax and try and knock it off as fast as possible. But decided to do this by hand, since I wasn't going to polish the car.

I washed the car (more info on the prep below), used Nanoskin Fine, and did 1 coat of PNS. I used a bright LED flashlight to look for swirls, before applying PNS. Nothing that warranted a full polish, especially as a DD going into winter. i did the hood in the three sections, as well as the roof. the other panels I broke up into one or two pieces.

I sprayed directly on the car, and once the foam applicator was primed, I mostly applield PNS to the applicator, then to the car cover left right, up and down. As said earlier don't be shy of swapping out microfibers if they become a bit damp. Makes a difference in removal.

I had a lot of compliments on the shine of my car. Neighbors walking by said, "hey mine's next." Seeing the car from a distance (I park way out) and the shine looks great.

We'll see how it holds up. My car isn't a show-car--it's a daily driver that I'm not going to make it perfect. However this sealant may truly one of the easiest "quicky" waxes that I've tried. I think the key, like most wax jobs is the surface prep. Nanoskin fine removed a lot of junk without a lot of pressure or going of the same spot. The car is garaged, a 2016 with only 6K miles on the clock. I wash it by hand occasionally, but take it through a touchless about every 3 weeks.

Just some thoughts.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Auto Detailing