quattroworld.com Forums: Illinois OBD emissions testing - need some advice...

quattroworld

Chicagoland Region
All messages | Search Forums | Return to Chicagoland Region
Illinois OBD emissions testing - need some advice...
Posted by: larryV (309) on 2015-06-23 14:00:47

Share | Report
This is the first time in a very long time that I've kept a car long enough to actually require emissions testing.

So I brought my '11 GT3 to one of the facilities and while it didn't fail, it did get rejected. Apparently because I haven't driven it in over a year, my voltphreaks battery went into low voltage protection mode and shut itself off basically shutting down everything else. The guy at the testing facility said that all I probably have to do is drive it around for 100-150 miles in mixed highway/city conditions to wake up the car's sensors without letting the battery shutoff during that period.

The test reports shows the following systems as "NOT READY":
- evaporative control system
- secondary air system
- oxygen sensor

No check engine light and the car is otherwise functioning normally with only a little over 5k miles. My other concern is that I had removed the rear muffler on this car and replaced them with bypass pipes. I didn't think this would be an issue with OBD testing because the rear muffler had no sensors on it or downstream from it.

So, anything I should do or worry about other than driving it for about 150 miles per the guy's recommendation? I can retest at the OBD facility up to 3 times before needing to take it to a full testing facility, which I'd hate to have to do. This emissions testing is new to me so I figured I'd check with the braintrust.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Chicagoland Region