quattroworld.com Forums: Dont be mistaken the innerwebz are full of "i can get that done for $20 anytime" claims.

quattroworld

New England
All messages | Search Forums | Return to New England
Dont be mistaken the innerwebz are full of "i can get that done for $20 anytime" claims.
Posted by: Quattro_JC (2339) on 2014-06-24 22:09:01
In Reply to: It's interesting.. the larger shops seem to charge upwards of 200 bucks a wheel while posted by Dr. Funk on 2014-06-24 18:05:16

Share | Report
1. Innerwebz has a lot of bullshitters and lowball braggers that don't represent reality either cuz they are hooked up somehow or more often just exaggerating / lying.
2. All powdercoating is not the same. You'll mostly get what you do or don't pay for. The big shops usually do a good job and you get a good guarantee and usually the $200 per type rate includes prep and straightening vs a quick cheap shoot by some dude with a PC setup who doesnt spend more than 3 minutes prepping each wheel.

And by the way for $800 you're not getting full media blasting setup with booth to prep the wheels and then a full quality PC setup and oven big enough to cook wheels AND the expertise to do a great job at it.

I agree, the full boat flat rate price does seem a little bit rich but i think thats because they need to leave margin for straightening and the chance the clean up and prep might take longer etc.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to New England