quattroworld.com Forums: P5 in ES? Really, I didn't even look... Nice ;-)

quattroworld

NorCal
All messages | Search Forums | Return to NorCal
P5 in ES? Really, I didn't even look... Nice ;-)
Posted by: stealthwagon (1742) on 2014-12-14 18:44:42
In Reply to: I say congrats. First for finishing. So what is it like as a driver doing a 25hr. race? posted by billybobster on 2014-12-14 15:34:27

Share | Report
"So what is it like as a driver?"

It's nice to have a crew taking care of the car. I have to admit that I could get used to that very quickly!
Don't get me wrong: I love working on my car and I find it very rewarding but having one less thing in your head for a challenging race like that is definitely a plus.
It's just a long HPDE day. Really. This is most of the secret to this race.
First and foremost, it's about staying on the track, keeping the car running and not having contact. It may sounds trivial and boring but look how many didn't take the flag or spent countless hours under the car...

I personally enjoy a good door-to-door battle on a sprint race more.
The thrill of night driving is awesome though. And the team I'm driving with is such a good bunch that the 25H is as much about the camaraderie as it is about the race. And they are guys I battle with all year so it makes it even more fun.

Seriously, every year I'm thinking: no more!
Because it's seriously dangerous with the different classes, we're a moving chicane for the fastest guys. There is over 60mph difference. A small mistake and you can be in serious trauma if you contact with one of them. When a Radical passes you on the outside at the top of the bypass, you'd better hold your line.
Oh well, I just love it...
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to NorCal