quattroworld.com Forums: Hi Guys...X-post from Architecture forum- Roofers in San Rafael area

quattroworld

NorCal
All messages | Search Forums | Return to NorCal
Hi Guys...X-post from Architecture forum- Roofers in San Rafael area
Posted by: Rick601 (2721) on 2018-02-17 19:13:31

Share | Report
The fuller story below. I'm in Upstate NY and helping out Owner in NYC (son) and Property manager is ummm managing the property. Got a 30K price on a roof and I want to explore options a little and see if the Cali-premium is in line!! below is C&P of my post in arch and design and link to entire thread below...Thanks for taking the time...

Replacing a roof in Northern calif. A few q's

The house is a '50's ranch in San Rafael with an existing Faux Spanish tile probably the original roof I'm assuming the property manager's contractor is accurate in his feeling that it's at the end of it's serviceable life (I'm in NY).
He sent an estimate of 30K for a tear-off, sheathing and architectural replacement. MAYBE it's 20 square-straight run with only 1 chimney no valleys, gables, etc. is $1500/sq somewhat in line for all that? (I've been out of the scene long enough that nothing surprises me...then there's the "California price" premium!)

Second Q is if we're looking at a price like that I'd like to retain the look. (The house is sort of Mediterranean looking, that tile really looks "right".) Can anyone recommend a faux tile that is reasonably priced (installation included). I'm assuming that what I can research here in NY may not be applicable to Northern California hence the appeal to this audience- I found a Brava and a Titan but I'm sure someone here has more experience than my "Faux spanish roof tile" google search!!
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to NorCal