quattroworld.com Forums: LOL nice write up. Couple comments...

quattroworld

North Texas
All messages | Search Forums | Return to North Texas
LOL nice write up. Couple comments...
Posted by: Birdman86 (3763) on 2013-09-19 11:25:24
In Reply to: Fledging in the new Jeep... (a story about driving on the new lift and tires) posted by donkeyhaute (aka Unboatboy) on 2013-09-19 10:13:34

Share | Report
1) I know exactly what you mean. Most people have hybrids and little crap up here in the DC Area. It's a godsend to see the potential accident 6 cars ahead...

2)Yes on all three. You can get better rotors and better pads to alleviate this, it's on my short list. I don't want to hear it about the engine and clutch, you have 4.10's :P

3)Same thing happened to me. It was scary as shit at first. Your tires are over inflated, drop them to 30-32 lbs, and let them wear in. After about 1000-2000 miles, it'll be back to normal and not flighty anymore. I promise. I was scared to death to do 60+ as i felt i was driving in a tornado and the Jeep was going everywhere and anywhere it wanted except straight. I routinely do 80-90 on I95 up to Philly and back, no more issues and straight as can be, until an actual strong breeze hits, but that's unavoidable. Be careful on high bridges with strong crosswinds and around 18-wheelers.... it'll get interesting.

4) Yea, the stock JKU's are the absolute worst. All the mod'd ones up here are fine though
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to North Texas