quattroworld.com Forums: another item to your growing list :o\ Yes, BBS clear coated this style after a diamond cut finish

quattroworld

Pacific Northwest
All messages | Search Forums | Return to Pacific Northwest
another item to your growing list :o\ Yes, BBS clear coated this style after a diamond cut finish
Posted by: ar-Rings (683) on 2015-04-11 15:24:46
In Reply to: Even easier if they're clear coated. Swing by if you want, ar-Rings. I'm refinishing wheels this... posted by Europa on 2015-04-08 13:44:21

Share | Report
(look like grooves on an LP, but smaller).

Once I get the centers out, I will need to strip the clear, graduate sanding up to around 2500 then polish. I have buffing wheels and jewelers rouge if I need to go that far (probably will), I want a mirror finish.

(16) bolts per wheel and are about an inch long with loctite on the full thread length, not fun to get out. Doing it by hand, BBS said it is perfectly fine to reinstall these titanium bolts, so going to take my time with them.

Thanks for the offer, but my BD was Wednesday and having dinner with family this afternoon for it.

I should have performed this through the winter, not when it is time to put them back on.

Always liked your car, since you let my wife sit in it at the QW 1st year party.

Jon
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Pacific Northwest