quattroworld.com Forums: 24 hours in Oakland

quattroworld

Photography
All messages | Search Forums | Return to Photography
24 hours in Oakland
Posted by: noeltykay (42) on 2015-08-24 20:38:12

Share | Report
On Friday at the crack of dawn I woke up got ready and headed for LAX for an 8AM flight. I was tasked with photographing 18 subjects at four different locations in Oakland, Berkley and Richmond. It was a long and exhausting (both physically and emotionally) day, and I was spent by 5PM when we finished.

Rather than hustle back to LA to be with my family I decided to meet up with a friend who now lives in the hills above Oakland. These are my photos from Friday night....

In the BART headed toward downtown Oakland...

Much needed libations at Bar Three Fifity-Five

After having cocktails my friend insisted we grab one more drink before dinner at 19th Street Station bar. This is Roy. Roy is the owner and only employee at 19th Street Station bar in Oakland. 19th Street Station has only ever had one bartender. Roy bought the place for $500 in 1982, and in two decades, he told us he has never been sick, nor has he ever taken a vacation. You can smoke at 19th Street Station, the codes have an exemption for establishments that are owned and operated by the same person. I don;t smoke but it was definitely an interesting experience having a beer in this joint Friday night. Roy does it all as the only employee...pours drinks, waits tables and busses tables. Interesting place!!!!

We walked by a dispensary and this is the owner and his two pitbulls...

Friday night in Oakland drive by photos out of the passenger window...

We eventually settled on eating at "The Cook and her Farmer". If you live in the Bay Area I highly suggest giving this place a try...it was INCREDIBLE! We shared oysters, a sea food appetizer a pizza bread and a steak...all of it was spot on delicious!!!!

The pizza bread...

The steak...NOM!!

Sadly I did not take any other pictures of the food...I was too inebriated at this point. All in all, a great twenty four hours up north!!!!
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Photography