quattroworld.com Forums: I've recently changed my lighting game....

quattroworld

Photography
All messages | Search Forums | Return to Photography
I've recently changed my lighting game....
Posted by: noeltykay (42) on 2015-09-15 11:57:10

Share | Report
I love the portability of small hot shoe flashes for off camera lighting. My (2) Canon Speedlites and one Nikon SB-28 paired with Elinchrom Skyports have been reliable for years. The size of my lighting kit is extremely portable and very versatile. Recently I had an assignment up in Northern California where I got what I wanted, but probably would have been better suited with a bit more power. It got me thinking...do I want to pick up a couple of larger lights (AB400's or AB800's)? I started researching and came across a thread regarding Godox AD360's...basically the same thing as a Quantum Qflash...About the size of a Speedlite but with more power. Looked like a good solution for me...and at $399 with a remote and trigger it was a no brainer to try it out. The flash comes with a battery unit that according to everything I read would last all day long. The trigger that plugs into the flash does not need batteries as it is powered by the battery pack...it plugs into a USB port on the flash!

All Business

Inquisitive Mind

Jack @ Sunset

I am really impressed with this system and plan on adding a Godox V850 which has a Lithium ION battery and plays nicely with the 360. For roughly $130 I can get the V850 and a reciever to work with the 360.

I may be selling Speedlights, a Nikon SB-28 and some Elinchrom Skyports if anyone is interested.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Photography