quattroworld.com Forums: nope...

quattroworld

Photography
All messages | Search Forums | Return to Photography
nope...
Posted by: larryV (309) on 2016-09-01 19:02:01
In Reply to: very fair points ... has the speed gap factored at all in using it for shots of your little one? posted by JeffAhn on 2016-09-01 11:11:07

Share | Report
except sometimes when I turn on the camera I start cursing because the battery is dead lol :)

The startup delay isn't so bad that I've missed crucial kid photo moments... if anything I would've missed more moments if I only had a Nikon DSLR simply because I'd likely either not have it with me or I might have the wrong lens on it. One small issue with the RX1 and most other Sony cameras for that matter is that if you shoot burst at max FPS, the camera freezes as it writes to the SD card rendering the camera useless for a few seconds. This is definitely annoying but luckily seldom encountered in daily use.

Nice thing about the RX1R II is that you can basically treat it like a point and shoot. This latest version has the same hybrid contrast and phase detect AF as the latest A7RII that tracks my fast moving kids very well. High ISO is also unbelievably good, and better than the D810.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Photography