quattroworld

Photography
All messages | Search Forums | Return to Photography
35mm 1.8 is definitely the way to go. Don't buy anything else for now and just go shoot...
Posted by: larryV (309) on 2016-10-07 03:38:14
In Reply to: Need some advice for a total noob on my first lens purchase posted by louwill on 2016-10-06 16:35:56

Share | Report
until you discover more about your style of shooting, what kind of photos you like to take, and what limitations (if any) you are running into with shooting with just a prime.

You will get great results with the 35 1.8, especially for low light of kids and pets, and it's fast enough to let you learn more about depth of field and how it relates to aperture, etc. I bet the 35 will satisfy most of your immediate photographic needs and perhaps adding a wide angle prime or zoom later will satisfy all of it.

But I'd hold off on buying any other expensive zooms or primes for now if I were you. Just get the 35 1.8 and use the 2 zoom kit lenses that you already have and shoot around with them for a few weeks. This will allow you to figure out what focal lengths your style of photography uses most before you drop big coin on higher quality zooms or primes.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Photography