quattroworld.com Forums: Driving today she felt fine for the first 30 mins, then felt down on power...

quattroworld

UrQ/Sport/Coupe
All messages | Search Forums | Return to UrQ/Sport/Coupe
Driving today she felt fine for the first 30 mins, then felt down on power...
Posted by: Pre95 (1154) on 2017-02-27 23:44:09
In Reply to: Did changing (cleaning?) them solve your no start? posted by msvphoto on 2017-02-15 15:40:30

Share | Report
she started to feel down on power but idles just fine. Not overheating, boost gauge shows no boost leaks, idles silky smooth.. but sounded as if the engine was working harder as you drove, and was noticeably down on power. Again the first 30 mins of my drive didn't do this. Only after I drove for about 30, parked for an hour, drove again for 15, parked for another 10. The third drive (heading back home) is where she started acting upset. No starting hiccups though, each time fired up as expected.

Something funky is going on, I'll track it down. I did a quick vac test before the new ignition stuff, going to be more in-depth with one this evening and get crazy with the chemtool to see if anything is leaking. Visually everything seems fine minus a possible leak at one of the vac plugs on the back of the intake manifold (possibly leaking, maybe not.. chemtool will tell me), double checked everything I touched and everything is OK.. The way it idles so smoothly has me scratching my head..

Going to fix the questionable plug now and will see what I find.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to UrQ/Sport/Coupe