quattroworld.com Forums: Pop one off. They are just banjo nuts (or bolts? Can't remember exactly.) The passages are huge....

quattroworld

UrQ/Sport/Coupe
All messages | Search Forums | Return to UrQ/Sport/Coupe
Pop one off. They are just banjo nuts (or bolts? Can't remember exactly.) The passages are huge....
Posted by: msvphoto (1287) on 2017-06-16 13:30:38
In Reply to: They certainly are the issue. See my lengthy response 'Finding them...' below posted by Pre95 on 2017-06-16 12:17:12

Share | Report
...and nothing large enough to clog the passages can get past the fuel filter. A pair of open end (flare nut recommended) pops them right off. Rag and fire extinguisher handy, fuel will leak everywhere. That is the best spot to catch system pressure coming into the engine bay. When I finally figured that out it was like a revelation.

I'm thinking air in the fuel due to a cavitating fuel pump could be a possibility. Have a looksee at the (maybe not so anymore) clear pre-filter. If there is any air at all the fuel supply to the pump should be checked. It should gush into the pump.

These things are no different than water hammer arresters in the plumbing world, which is what they were called dampers. I had a hard time figuring out what they were but now it makes sense.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to UrQ/Sport/Coupe