quattroworld.com Forums: A little update on the CO craigslist, now Phoenix urq.

quattroworld

UrQ/Sport/Coupe
All messages | Search Forums | Return to UrQ/Sport/Coupe
A little update on the CO craigslist, now Phoenix urq.
Posted by: AudiTTrippin (1814) on 2018-02-28 02:31:59

Share | Report
First off I would like to thank everyone on this forum for their insight and suggestions.

Once I started digging into the car I realized it was going to snowball quickly. No big deal, all pretty comparable to my last 4kq I put together.

What I have currently completed:
-034 alu front sub frame bushings
-034 front ball joints (85+ to fit Meyle HD a-arms)
-034 front middle MS sway bar bushings (had to trim them some to fit the
4kq bar/ flat brackets)
-Swapped to 4kq front sway bar
-Both front wheel bearings
-Stock front sway bar end link kit (Thanks Martin!)
-Meyle HD front A arms
-Koni shocks w/ 2b Coil over kit
-Green strut mounts all 4 corners
-Rear 034 ball joints
-fuel filter
-both oil filters
-TB/WP kit with new roller and T-stat
-7a oil pan with AAN pick up. Did not install windage tray
-034 street density transmission mounts
-Rebuilt drivers rear CV
-Replaced drivers front hub (Thanks Driggs!)
-Sprayed every threaded connection with ample PB blaster

What I have that still needs to be installed:
-2B SS brake lines 4 corners (stock soft lines are pretty bad looking)
-Reman urS4 rear brake calipers/ Painted carriers ready to go
-Front and rear rotors/ pads
-4kq E-brake cables
-034 poly snub mount (stock snub mount bracket is broken....) more on
that below
-034 street density motor mounts
-034 silicone boost and coolant hoses
-New intercooler and radiator mounts
-8mm spark plug wires, cap, rotor and air filter
-034 2 bar wastegate spring (picked it up as it was only $10 and last one they had) It won't be installed anytime soon.

I think that is it?
Also a fellow just popped up locally who just scooped up an old cgt lemons race car. I scrored a spare MC2 head from him and an MC2 flywheel. He also has a 3b he is looking to sell..... I am staying 10v, staying 10v, staying 10v..... Deep breath.....

Currently I am working on going over the engine bay and replacing every sad looking hose, electrical connection, mount, etc. Unfortunately my time is very limited right now with work and helping the GF with some house flips.

Onto the pics:

Waiting patiently in the garage....

just transferred over the TT licence plate for now.

Suspension:

This car definately took a shot to the lower front end. There is no body damage though. The front drivers wheel bearing exploded, smashed oil pan, and now I have found the snub mount broken. I tried a 200 MC2 snub mount, but it is too long. I had to wedge it in there even with out the bushing on just to use the crank lock tool. So if anyone has a B2 snub mount/ alternator mount for a fair price I am interested.

New timing belt on. Had some help from a couple forum members getting started with this project as it was my first timing belt job (I usually sub that job out). Really not too bad, guess I'll be doing my own from now on.

Nasty water pump. Cleaned up all around the housing, going to need a good flush of the cooling system.

Took a little peek at the K26. Shaft is tight, fins look good. Just needs a good cleaning.

Couple hoses I need to find replacements for. Turbo to air box hose is getting pretty thin. The incinerated hose is for the injector cooling set up. Are you guys keeping or eliminating this system? Any insight on suitable replacement hoses?

Thats all I have for now. Hopefully next time I update the car will be on the ground.

Anyone have a need for some stock rear rotors? These came with the car but since I am going urS4 rear rotors I do not need these. Make an offer shipped and they are yours.

Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to UrQ/Sport/Coupe